Thursday, December 31, 2009

memories

Last night I decided to sit in my jetta tub for a while.

Filled it with quite hot water and slid in.

On the edge of the tub I saw two little plastic cups and a teapot/watering can. I know the history of those.

A long time ago, when Emily was small she took a bath here, played with the toys and put them on the edge of the tub. It was a LONG time ago.

No one has bothered to take them away or to put them away, wherever away might be, and tonight when I got into the tub, there they were reminding me of old times.

How fast they grow up, and how fast I am growing old. Every time she has a birthday it seems I have just had one (mine is in May, hers in June).

So, when I can spend time with family, whether daughters or grandkids, I jump for the chance.

Miriam has a birthday in a couple of weeks.

Once again she will be the older. (She is January to May older than I am!)

No comments: