Monday, December 28, 2009

on line again

I have my computer back working, am on the internet, thanks to some one's generosity.

The computer required a new hard drive, which I had on hand ready to install, but a new hard drive is like a new computer. In spite of what it says about backing everything up, it does not get quite everything.

Some of the apps I was using I did not upgrade ($150 or so) so I went with open source apps instead. That is fine, but another learning curve.

Seems that every keyboard is different and like other things, there is no place like home!

Our house is a small house with lots of insulation and no central heat. The wood burning stove does a good job for us when we are here, but when we are gone and there is no fire, the house is like a giant refrigerator. Now the trick is to keep a hot fire burning for a few days and warm the whole insides up again.

Right now it is about 60 degrees in spite of a roaring fire!

No comments: