Saturday, January 8, 2011

radio speakers

I was listening to my phone.

For wonderment, I set it up to play one of the hundreds of songs on the drive, put it on my desk and turned it on.

This little gizmo, not a lot bigger than half a deck of cards, sounded quite good, surely good enough for my fuzzy ears.

So I went looking for the speaker.

The sound comes out of an 1/8" hole on the bottom of the gizmo.

My idea of speakers still goes back to the 60's, where anyone who had a good sound system had speakers that dominated the whole room (or car sometimes).

Then I remember Bose. I never owned one, and I don't think I have even heard one, but they claimed a new technology where they could make a small radio sound like a big one, and I concluded that that Bose add and my iPhone might well share the same technology.

Since I am not a scientist I may be all wrong on that last one, but I have pretty good hearing for an old guy and that little phone sounded really good.

I am still impressed.

1 comment:

rugged speakers said...

Rugged speakers work even in the harshest condition. This is definitely a good buy and a great gadget.