Wednesday, April 20, 2011

electrical

I have been doing a small remodel project in our house.

OK it is not real small and it has gone on for quite a while.

This week I was working on the electrical. I shoudl have double checked everythig before I put the sheetrock on, but I did not.

So there is a light that is powered, but not by the switch as well as a place for more lights (old fixtures that still have power.

But when I hooked up a line to a pair of 10/2 wires, which looked innocent enough, I suddely had 210 volts. My test light seemed to be burning a bit brighter, but it is hard to measure. I hooked up a lamp and the bulb went off like a flash bulb. I tried another bulb, same results.

That is when I borrowed a better tester and found the higher voltage.

But today I finally have all of the outlets in place. They all work and no more flash bulbs.

I may be slow, but I am all I have!

No comments: