Tuesday, May 31, 2011

moving along

I went down to look at the motorhome today.

David and Lynda were busy getting it all cleaned up for us, bless them. We worked on some details.

I talked to my garden friend who will be glad to work my garden and take whatever it produces. That is good too, and one day he may house set, or more.

So it is lining up, whether Miriam is on board or not.

More paper work from the Department of Old Foggies. Daughter One called the office." What if we cannot get all of this complete by the deadline?"

"Do your best and don't worry, we will work with you."

And so it goes, the biggest upset in my life in a good while.

Miriam and Ron (our camping friend, this week) have always been about the same state in this AD thing, but Ron is still hanging on well. This morning I sat with him a few minutes: "Ron, how are you?" "Other than I cannot remember so well, I am fine."

Miriam not so much so. "But," she insists, "you have not changed my diapers yet."

True, and I assured her that when that time comes I will be in deep trouble.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop, isn't it?

I remember my MIL saying she could continue on alone. It took my husband, her sister in law and a lot of words to tell her NO.

Not a wonderful memory, but we did what needed to be done, and it all turned out well.

Here's a prayer that your beloved wife will find acceptence and joy in your new abode. And a prayer for you too. It's not that deNile is in Eqypt, it's that we don't want it in our backyard.

Wishing you well, Susan

dave said...

As always, Susan, thank you for your wisdom.