Thursday, June 16, 2011

plumbing and art

Yesterday we finished the plumbing in and out of the Motorhome/Whale.

That may not seem like it should be a big deal, but having to go get enough water to make tea is not a great sign.

Yesterday after we finished installing the drain line, I emptied the waste water tank in the Whale. Then we hooked up the fresh water. Such luxury. I came inside, turned the water heater on, and took a luxury shower.


Then I went into a funk about what I am going to do besides take care of Miriam.

Daughter has lots of space outside and we have lots of ideas, but not too much cash, so I was perplexed. There is not room in any motorhome for an art/craft studio, and daughters house is full of people and people stuff.

So I agonized. Last night while writing in my journal in the book store, I came to a simple conclusion. Most of my tools will fit into a single tool box. My supplies can fit into series of proper sized totes and boxes, and all can fit into a space in the "basement" in the Whale and be moved in and out as needed.

In graduate school my professor impressed me with the idea and goal of doing "small" pieces of art. Pieces that are easily handled and maybe even stored in our small spaces. I will continue that direction.

The rest is logistics mostly.

No comments: