Monday, June 13, 2011

puzzle parts

When Raymond proposed to Debra the pieces fell into place.

She had, she explained to the shell shocked Raymond, been planning her wedding since she was 12 and he was the very last piece of the puzzle. That was the beginning of the story (not the series) of “Everybody Loves Raymond.”

So it is with us, one of the last pieces of the puzzle arrived yesterday in the form of what has become known as “The Blue Whale.” The whale is a largish motorhome, lent to us by our wonderful friends David and Lynda.

Since they were here for the night, they slept, Jonah style, in the belly of the whale last night. Tonight is our turn. They slept in their sleeping bags, I’ll put sheets and blankets on the bed.

Miriam is a bit bewildered by it all. We did not tell her everything, but I have in the past, she just does not remember.

The next part of the puzzle is Miriam. Can we tame her anxieties? Can we convince her that this is a move for her benefit?

I keep asking her: “Do you trust me?” Then add: “You know I will never do anything to hurt you.”

My guess is that she will adapt.

No comments: