Thursday, August 11, 2011

crazy summer

This has been a crazy summer.

We moved 3 1/2 hours from out home in Idaho. We did not do much prior planning. The time was right and we did it. Now we have an agreement to sell our acre. We are selling in a very weak market, which means not as much money as we would like, but that is OK. The buyer is a young couple, good friends, who value the gardens and the plants.

This week we learn that my only sister has an inoperable, untreatable brain disease. We don't yet know what all of this means. It is a condition that seems to be rare. While it has a name, there is virtually nothing on the internet about it, so we are left in the blank for now.

Those are pretty gut wrenching events, and all happened this summer. Miriam is happy and that is very good. She has adjusted well. I am slowly finding my niche. But we are the only family my sister has. My daughters care deeply about her and will do all in their power to help, but right now no one even knows what to expect, and what we speculate is not good.

And, so it goes.

A good part of this is the natural product of aging. I don't think of myself as particularly old, but the numbers are there. No denial allowed.

The comfort in all of this is that our family are very close. We deeply care for each other.

For that I am eternally thankful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OXOXO
D#1

dave said...

I always know I am loved!