Friday, August 12, 2011

water

In our bus (we both know it is not legally mine, but since I live in it, I’ll use the first person) we have a good water heater.

But it is small, maybe 5 or 6 gallons and comes on with a switch. There is no automatic hot water. You turn the switch on and wait 20 or 30 minutes.

Tonight I turned the switch on while I was fixing dinner. After dinner I went out and dug up some strawberry plants. Of course I got nice and dirty in the process.

I came into the bus ready for a good hot shower. But when I turned the water on, after getting properly ready to shower, but the water was at best luke warm and it turned to cool.

Ahh, Miriam had washed the dishes and she has not learned to be careful with hot water. But it was hot so a cool shower was good.

In our house, we had a 20 gallon heater that would heat water almost as fast as it could be drawn out.

Life on 5 gallons of hot water does change some things.

No comments: