Tuesday, April 2, 2013

a what?


I had a vision the other day.

(When I mentioned this to a Bible Professor I know he gave me THE look. I suggest the word be taken in it’s largest, least specific definition!).

The voice said: “Dave.”  Yes. “You are going to have to drink all of this one, right down to the bottom of the cup.” Hmm, thought I.

“There will be no easy outs, no short cuts, nothing but the whole cup.”

Since I had been thinking about this as a possibility, my first guess is this had more to do with my thought process, and less with divine extension or even a mimic of Scrooge’s “undigested piece of beef.”

Still, the thought had entered my consciousness, somehow.
At first it was freeing, and offered a rest from my concern about all of this AD stuff, then depression set in (maybe forgetting to take my happy pills had something to do with that one) and the pendulum swung back to a degree of restfulness in it all.

Then, on reflection, I have to conclude that AD has been a pixel by pixel revelation through 14 long years. Of course, one could drown themselves in some sort of a mood enhancer (even if only temporary), or take it as it is.

Life is not bad. I share care with a daughter I adore. We work together well, so that no one is over worked and no one has to carry too much weight.

That vision thing was last week, and I am back to making peace with it all. As a realist of some sort, I suppose you might suggest that I have no real option but to accept, but I will politely ignore that logic and credit something more mysterious.

Or not. 

No comments: