Friday, November 30, 2007

longer?

If I held
Her tighter
Could I keep
Her longer?

If I wrapped
My gorilla arms
Around her tiny frame
Could I hold her right here?
Where she is?

When I was
A tiny sick baby
My dear mother
Would press me to her
Bosom for nourishment

Then hold me
In her rocking chair
Through the night
So I could sleep
And stay alive
Another day.
She was twenty
Young years.

She went away
Twenty five years ago
I still miss her
Every day.......

If I held my
Sweetheart as
Tight as I can, could
I keep her alive
Longer
Longer?

4 comments:

nancy said...

beautiful, i didn't know you were such a good poet! continue on.

Anonymous said...

this one is publishable.

dave said...

Dea is my precious 3d daughter. Thank you darling.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Excellent! My father could have easily written this. He would have liked you, Dave.