Saturday, December 1, 2007

end of season

Thursday I emptied the teardrop trailer.

For as small as it is, I am always amazed at how much it holds. Bedding, clothes, thick mattress, food all came inside the house. I left the cooking gear, I’ll empty those cabinets later, if I need to..

The tear goes into the shop in early spring for a bit of remodel and change making. When someone asks when a project like this will be finished, the only really honest answer is: maybe never. I’ll always be making changes and modifications

The log book says we slept in her 30 nights this season. Half of that was with the trailer parked at a daughter’s house. That leaves 15 nights camping, not any where enough.

That does not seem like much but that is a weekend a month for the entire season, which is pretty good actually.

Still, my first new years resolution (this is December, so I can) will be to camp more next season.

Miriam enjoyed our travels, I hope next year is no exception.

3 comments:

StefanieRose said...

Yeah I had one of those on my blog as well. They want to sell you internet. Anyways <3 you grandpa. Talk to you soon.

rainbowheart said...

I wish that I had the time to camp..maybe again..one day.

dave said...

I hope you will too, Gale, it is very relaxing.