Friday, January 11, 2008

friday evening

I went to Staples this morning to get ink for my printer.

When I reached In my pocket for my billfold, it wasn’t there. So I headed back home and discovered that my billfold had been in my pants pockets that Miriam had just washed.

So, today, among other things, I laundered money!

Tomorrow is the big day. I will be at the church early to look after the flowers that will be delivered at 9. I will lead my discussion group, try to stay awake in church.

I will grab a fast lunch and a nap and be back to the church at 2:30 to unlock ready for the service at 3:30. About 7 or 8 I should be able to sit down and rest.

This is way more than Jim would have preferred. While setting up the tables I knew what he would say: “You are going to way too much trouble here, Dave.”

One old friend flew in from Massachusetts, others are coming from California and Portland. I guess it is a measure of your life by how many people bother to show up for your funeral.

Jim was a great guy. I expect the church to be full tomorrow.

Don’t scold me, I know tomorrow is Saturday, but among my other strange habits, I do church that day.

1 comment:

StefanieRose said...

Sorry about having the money. I know how that goes. Nonna used to wash so many things what were not suposed to be washed. Including purses and stuffed animals. I have had quite a few stuffed animal casualties that way though out my life. *hugs*