Wednesday, January 9, 2008

toothless

Just got back from the dentist, actually the 2nd dentist in two days.

Now, I am lighter, not only in purse, but in body. Today the doc took out one of my teeth, and we went way back together, this tooth and I.

I have not had the best dental care. It is not the dentists fault. Money has always been very tight and, except for a few brief periods where some one had insurance, it has always been a cash deal.

And cash has always been short.

So, now I pay. There are a couple more that need to come out, but at the price, I’ll wait until they are ugly. Probably not a good policy, but it may be the only one.

And while I pay about half of my retirement income for insurance, there is nothing that covers any dental work, so that expense will be put off as long as possible.

Fortunately, the teeth out in front are fairly healthy, so the jack o lantern look is not in the offing, but I may end up sipping my jello through a straw.

3 comments:

nancy said...

oh how i can relate to your post about putting off dental work due to no insurance. i hope no more teeth have to be pulled for awhile!

~Betsy said...

I am also insurance-less when it comes to dental. I've put it on the back burner many, many times. I hope you are healing nicely.

dave said...

I am healing very well. No pain, but what a huge hole where that tiny tooth used to be.