Friday, February 15, 2008

going

Our decision to make that trip was made from scratch in about ½ hour.

It had been a rough emotional week, for a lot of dumb reasons. One day I really felt low so I stopped at the clinic to talk to our doctor’s nurse. I have been told that at some point I would welcome some emotional help in pill form.

It seemed that the time had come, so I stopped and got a prescription. It is weird stuff and makes me sleepy mostly. I have been taking it at breakfast, but I’ll take it tonight at bed time, as the pharmacists suggested.

Soon after I got the call from daughter 3 that she really should stay home last weekend, my emotions dropped even lower. She had called her sister and sister had told her exactly how I would react.

If she came she would have had to leave her two boys (11 and 15) home alone, since her husband was out of town on business for the weekend. My heart wanted her to come so badly, but it was really a no brainer. “Stay with the boys, that is all that makes sense right now.”

A few minutes later Daughter 1 called: “Well, get up here.” That was about 9 Friday morning. Miriam pitched a fit with all sorts of reasons why it was a dumb, stupid, evil idea. We sat down to eat and after we had eaten about half of our breakfast I turned to Miriam and said: “we are going.”

This time she didn’t argue with me at all.

I had some church business to take care of, some holiday decorations to move, arrangements for the church discussion group I lead, we even decided to cancel a potluck we had planned for after church, and by 1 we were on the road.

The trip did all my daughters had hoped. I am back home basking in their love, feeling a lot stronger emotionally, and still sleepy.

Thank you Arline for insisting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pleasure was mine, I can assure you! Thank YOU for coming!

I can't believe how much lighter my "load" is now that the walnuts are done and in the freezer!

Oh! Ya'll didn't hear about this part. While Momma and Daddy were here, Momma and I cracked and shelled the walnuts that were harvested this fall from our tree out back. OHMYWORD!!!! We shelled 37 POUNDS of walnuts in 4 days. Bringing the total for this years crop to 51 pounds. THANK YOU, MOMMA!!!

And thank YOU, Daddy for coming and bringing her. :D

I love you... both!

HUGS!
A

rainbowheart said...

Dave,
Oh how I wish that I could go and see my children and grandbabies. I miss them all so much. I seen Haley and Noah at Christams but I didn't get to see Skylar. I am hoping to go and pick her up for a week or two. I do call and talk to my youngest child and his wife every other day. My oldest son is a little harder to find than my youngest son. My oldest son works all over the state of Fla. My youngest son is a correctional officer with the State of Ga. But I do miss my grandbabies and "my babies" so much. Do we, as parents ever get use to the "empty nest"? I don't know...there are days that I wish my kids where still home but they have grown into fine young men with families of their own. I'm so proud of them and all that they have accomplished in the little time that they have been on their own. Thank you for sharing the post with us....
P.S. I'm going to e-mail you the recipes in the next day or two....