Tuesday, February 12, 2008

me as a cook

I have been told that the best chefs in the world are men, but that is not in my family. My step dad could do pretty well at one time, but when Mom died he was quite unable to take care of himself.

The great cooks in my family were mostly on my mothers side. Grandma Wilson, Mom, Miriam, and now my daughters who are very good in the kitchen. I am a late bloomer who will stay in the small flower category, maybe baby’s breath as compared to roses.

But necessity (and taste for good food) push me into the kitchen. It is a sneaky way to get to eat the things you like, and avoid the other stuff. Miriam has slowly lost her ability to make it all work together.

With help from my able daughters and a distinct lack of good sense, I launch forward.

The old timers did not have nearly as big a variety of foods as we have, and I lean on that thought as I make the same 3 or 4 things for breakfast each day.

No comments: