Wednesday, February 25, 2009

home again -- for a bit

It is good to be home again

I say that every time we leave, and it seems we leave often! There is a trip to Portland Oregon in a few weeks and one to Death Valley California in less than a month. Every time I think we are going to have 3 or 5 months home alone, I remember that I agreed to a trip here or there.

Don’t make it sound like I am complaing here.

The trip to Portland involves grandpa time, but also involves some work pruning trees and such. I will tak a string trimmer, a lawn mower, a chain saw, a small tiller, an orchard ladder and a pickup full of other tools.

In return daughter 4 will pay my fuel costs to get there. Not too bad now. We went last year when gas was $4 plus a gallon. That was a spendy trip.

When we leave to come home, the plan is to leave Leo there for a bit. Linda bought and “owns” Leo, even if we are the “caretakers.” I would rather not take Leo with us to a national park. A pet, legal most laces, does restrict your activities. And, Linda needs some “Leo time.”

The death valley trip is with my dear friend David. That one is sheer vacation, doing little and enjoying warm weather for a few days. David and I went a few years ago. It was good to jump start spring, if only in my head.

Later this spring Brianna, granddaughter 3, graduates from the 8th grade (on my birthday, yet). I am very proud of her. Of course we will be there.

It will be a busy spring, but as I was told, travel while you can. This damnable Alzheimer’s will restrict any travel sooner than I wish.

So we go -- happily.

1 comment:

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

I remember reading about your travels last year while the gas prices were so high. It really limits what you can do and what you can't but you always made the best out of the situation. What else can a person do?

Looking forward to hearing about your ventures this summer:)