Sunday, February 22, 2009

lost

We keep pretty good track of our dogs, or we sure try.

Arline (#1) has two big dogs. They have lived in the “country” for some years and have had a big dog much of that time.

Now my idea of a big dog is one about Collie size. I know there are a lot of dogs that are huge.

Arline has a Border Collie and a Yellow Lab puppy. The Border Collie is several years old and is a pretty solid pet. They got the lab as a small pup about a year, and in many ways he is still a puppy. This dog climbs trees.

Yesterday some how the gate was not tightly closed and the dog got out.

He is gone. Since he was such a nice looking dog it is likely that some one picked him up. It would not take much more than an open door to have him jump in.

Loosing a dog is sort of a plus and minus thing. If we lost Leo I would think it was a good thing in that he is really a pain at times, but even I would miss the little rascal.

Some day my time will come to check out. I guess my family will think the same thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, NO.
You are not a pain, and you are greatly loved, valued and treasured.

Anonymous said...

Careful now, Dad! Do NOT compare yourself with a dog. There is little to nothing to compare. When you exit, you will leave a HUGE hole that can NOT be filled.

HELLO!!! Buck vs. my dad? HUH!? They're both males... And therein the similarity ends.

I'll be checking the pound today. Already checked with animal control, they didn't pick him up.

Oh! And a dog who can climb trees, isn't bothered a bit by fences. I've watched him. He'd just go. And that's how he got out this last time. He went.