Wednesday, April 29, 2009

journey's end

It was one of those travel days.

We had a bit of sun, a lot of rain, some snow and even a bit of very thick fog.

That is spring in the northwest.

In some areas when it rains the road gets slippery, but up here that is not true, so a rainy day can be a good travel day.

I remember once traveling up to north idaho to get Emily. She had been at her dad’s for the summer. I called Emily’s step mother for instructions, and when I came down the street I could see Emily waiting by the street for us.

I will never forget that experience. It was not that she was unhappy, her step mother is one of the most wonderful women of all time, it was just her anticipation to see grandma and grandpa.

Yesterday we stopped at Burger King for a bit of lunch. BK has a pretty decent Veggie Burger.. When we parked there was a very nice looking Harley with an equally nice side car parked by our car.

That is an interesting ride, I thought. The rider, a guy who was about 6’ 7 or 8, was a VietNam vet, and was riding alone. We visited a minute while we waited for our orders to be filled.

When I went back out to the car with our lunch I admired the combination et again, and it came to me that the combination cost a LOT of money. Good to admire.

When we got to Linda’s house, I looked at the pet door (a cat sized door), and there was Leo’s nose poking through. Talk about being excited to see us. He wiggled and cuddled and preened.

It was good to be at the journey's end.

No comments: