Monday, April 27, 2009

Today is travel day

Once we lived past the half way point, and I taught at the University in Boise. That was a 4 hour commute, each way, but that is a different story.

Today we will travel the whole distance to Portland, almost exactly 400 miles. On some days that seems a VERY long ways, but on others it is not so bad. I remember driving truck on that road, some of it before the freeway was completed.

We will sail along: cruise control, heat or air conditioning, cold drinks, stereo, beautiful companion, and a truck full of tools. Seems I have most of the garden and yard tools I ow with us, and since we will be staying quite a while, I have books and art/craft supplies.

It takes about 6 hours of driving, plus whatever time we spend stopped. That is a lesson I learned from trucking. It is not your speed that gets you there, it is not stopping more than absolutely necessary.

So we will take a lunch, set the cruise control and drive and drive.

With luck we will get there just in time for the evening sun to shine right in our eyes! Oh well.

We will stop at Lora’s for a break. That is almost exactly half way. I will take a nap if I feel like it,. Lora worked last night, so I don’t think she will be up, and we won’t wake her up, but Cliff and the kids will be up, ready for grandpa time!

Hate to stop for such a short time, but we will be back. Brianna graduates from the 8th grade on my birthday, so we will return for the party!

Before the day is over we will see 4 or 5 grand kids, one son in law, perhaps 2 daughters, and tomorrow night Miriam will see Leo again.

Leo and Miriam will both enjoy that!

No comments: