Wednesday, June 3, 2009

another graduation

Tonight Jessica graduates.

We made the trip safely. I drove the Dodge pikup and pulled the teardrop. We will go amping for a day or two on our way home.

Jessica’s other grandparents arrived last night too. Grandpa Jim is 90 now. Grandma Alice is a bit younger.

Along the way we took a side trip and stopped at the cemetery where Miriam’s parents are buried. Mostly it is Miriam’s mother’s family, going back a very long way. Mom, dad, aunts and uncles, many carrying the family name: Coffin.

The family came into that valley back about the time my family came on through to SE Washington. Deep roots.

Miriam expressed interest in being buried there: “If I die before you.”

It is good to be with family again, though that is about all we have done of late. This is the last week of school, so right now there is no one here at all. Jess and Matt are in school, Ben is at work as is Sid. Arline is with Miriam.

Miriam is getting her hair cut and styled. It will look sassy and cute. Some how hair grooming has not been a talent that has gone through AD. I will enjoy her new look.

She still is a cutie. I am eternally glad I married up with her.

And I tell her that often.

No comments: