Friday, June 5, 2009

graduation

A few thoughts after Jessica's graduation:

At 14 or 15 the girls are pretty well to height. Some will grow more, but I think most will not.

But some of the boys were not much over 5’ tall and none of them were to full height. I’ll bet there are a bunch of 6 footers in that group!

I was a bit over 5 foot 2 when I graduated from 8th grade, but by the end of my first year of high school I was right at 6 feet. Lots of growing and lots of very short pants. Mom had trouble that year!

Jessica was one of the tall girls. At 5 foot 8 ½. But even the short girls were starting to look elegant and beautifully. Some of the guys are still “cute”!

It would be a real interesting thing to photograph this group in 10 years and see how the guys grew.

This school has a very dedicated talented music teacher. He has spent most of his career teaching at this school. There was a girls chorus, a bell choir, a band and a string ensemble. All performed very well. I was quite amazed.

I was glad to be there to see Jessica graduate. Earlier she had received a citizenship award and a scholarship for next year in a private high school.

So, we now have done all of the graduations for this year. More than likely we will stay home a lot more now!

Still, I wouldn’t have missed this for anything.

No comments: