Sunday, June 14, 2009

bean beds


My garden is about half experimentation.
This year I finished putting the small crop section into boxes. I have 28 of them in total. They make tending the garden so much easier.
The wider beds here are planted with dry beans. I grew dry beans once and I got a pretty good crop. I want to see how many I can grow in this space.
The narrow beds have green pole beans (Blue Lake) that we will eat green and freeze. In a couple of weeks, I'll dig in the last two boxes and plant the last of the pole beans.
If the dry beans do not work well as a crop, the beans will have been good for the soil.

2 comments:

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Your garden has got to be one of the neatest, well thought out gardens I have ever seen. Everything is so organized! You should be very proud of yourself. You are a good provider. I know my grandmother would love your garden:)

dave said...

All photographers choose their angles carefully. So do I! That said, my garden provides well for us, and we are blessed by it.