Thursday, June 18, 2009

shoes

I like good shoes.

Not necessarily expensive, but it seems that cheap shoes are a bad bargain, and my feet are a lot happier in good shoes.

And I buy my shoes on Ebay, “gently used” as they say.

Today a pair came in the mail. The picture on Ebay made them look not so good, but I bought them for $5 plus $11 to ship, so I figured I could get a bit of wear out of them at the worst.


But, when I opened the package, I was amazed. If there is wear I don’t see it. The seller should have shown better pictures! So I got a pair of $125 shoes for $16 counting postage.

Same happened earlier in the week: new shoes for a very low price. But they were so new they needed to be broken in a while. Brown shoes must not be cool now. But for beating around or working, I sure don’t care.

These are knock about and work shoes. Maybe they are last year’s style, I don’t know. Shucks I am older than that!

I think the secret of buying anything at an auction is knowing what it is you are buying. I only buy one brand that I know and trust: Clarks of England. Through the years I have owned a fair number of this brand and have been delighted in the way they feel and wear. Miriam has a few Clarks too!


So here’s to bargains!

These two will last me a LONG time, so it will be a while before I go shoe shopping again.

1 comment:

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

I love eBay myself. I have enjoyed the thrill of the hunt many a time on a lazy Saturday afternoon or winter's day off work. One of my favorite finds was a Coach leather purse. I purchased it for $10 and some change with minimal shipping. The description read it needed cleaning and had some scratches. When I opened the box, I examined the purse and saw no wear and tear as was described. I got out some leather cleaner just for my own satisfaction, polished the purse up and have used it on several occasions since.

I shudder to think what that purse cost brand new but to have a slice of luxury at minimal cost makes a person feel good:)

Enjoy your shoes. Can't put a price on comfort!