Sunday, November 15, 2009

grandparents day

Tomorrow is Grandparents day at Matthew's school.

As long as he has been in that school, we have always have been able to attend.

So, when Matt called Friday, all full of apologies for not telling us sooner, this weeks plans were changed.

Matt (Sid and Arline's youngest) lives 3 1/2 hours away, so it will be a good afternoon drive.

I like to talk to Matt's teachers. He makes a face at what I tell them, but secretly he is glad I care. I tell the teachers that Matt is bright and capable and to please not let him get away with sloppy work. And you can quite me if you need to.

Teachers catch heck from students family much more than they get compliments. That is too bad. They deserve better.

On the way home toorrow we will stop and visit with Andrew and Brianna and Amy. Lora works tonight so she will be sleeping, but we will have a good visit with the young uns.

It is cold this morning, but little or no snow on the pass, so we should have an uneventful drive.

1 comment:

arutherford said...

Oh, I know Matt is pleased that you are going to such effort to participate in Grandparents Day. I look forward to those too.