Wednesday, January 27, 2010

quoted

Today I was quoted in the area newspaper.

Earlier there had been a requests for independents who voted for the president last year to describe their position now.

I responded, and the reporter and I emailed back and forth a bit. Today the piece was presented.

Here is what the reporter quoted:

We all got ourselves into this mess, it was not just the last
 president (or this one) and it was not wall street alone, though each
 had a toe in the circle. We were all living beyond our means and now
 we have to pay.


That pretty well sums up my thoughts about a lot of things. It is easy to look for someone to blame, and there are people who are paid millions a year just to do that, but it is more accurate, usually, to step back.

Pogo, in the comic strip (as I remember) said: “We have seen the enemy, and it is us.”

I wish he were wrong.

If you are really bored, go to this site: http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/1057100.html

2 comments:

arutherford said...

Excellent assessment Dave. Blame is easy; taking responsibility much harder.

StefanieRose said...

OMG! MY GRANDPA IS IN THE NEWSPAPER!!!! SOOOO COOL!!!!