Tuesday, March 16, 2010

so far good

In spite of the reviews, I decided to install the washer/dryer.

Everything looked good. There was no extra rust, there was no signs that the cases had been opened up. Maybe it would work well after all.

Miriam had a total fit. I told her that I was not sure I was going to keep the new pair (true at that moment) and that I had to see if they worked before I could sell them.

Well, maybe, but she kept on complaining and not being happy and calling me various name!

So we took the old washer (which she bought new and really liked) and put it in the downstairs bedroom, so we “could put it back after the test.”

We hooked up the “new” ones and ran a cycle.

No drips, no runs, no problems.

In fact they worked very well. Daughter 1 and 3 have similar sets, they love them. Quiet, 1/3 the water, half the soap, what is not to like, I thought.

Tonight, when we sat down to rest, she asked what I was going to do with the old washer (the old dryer is toast). I said we were going to sell it and she said that was OK with her.

“All is well that ends well” is the old saying.

1 comment:

Arline said...

Whew! Glad that one blew over!