Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Good dinner Papa

I worked on the closet sheetrock yesterday.

In my mid 70's, I think I am younger and tougher than I really am. Putting sheetrock on the ceiling really was a lot of very tiring work, but I got it done, finally. Today I should finish all the sheetrock. Walls go a LOT faster.

So, yesterday dinner time snuck up on me. I went into the kitchen, looked in the refer. There was about a cup of beans from a few days ago, so I made a couple of bean/sour cream/cheese/whateverelseicouldfind burritos. I had some boiled potatoes, so I chopped them, added mushrooms and diced red bell peppers. Then I put together a small green salad.

When I plated the food I put a sprig of parsley on each of the potato servings.

It was a decent, fast meal.

When it was over Miriam looked at me and said: "Good dinner Papa."

She does not call me Papa often and while she never complains, it is rare that she offers any real compliments.

It was special!

No comments: