Friday, June 10, 2011

more parties

We had a good party.

Grandkids (7) a couple of daughters and sons-in-law, an aunt and uncle, a good party.

The gals fixed good food and we ate well.

It was our 55th anniversary and aunt and uncle's 63rd. That is a lot of years. We were 19, when we married, Aunt was 17, which proves the danger of early marriages!

Today I worked in the garden. There is a garden spot of about an honest acre. That is a lot of garden, more than I could handle, but there are others, I am the 3rd assistant!

And through it all my brain bangs back and forth in my pointy head. Our place in Idaho is in good hands, though it is not bringing in any cash at the moment. Not having a place to worry about is a great relaxant, at the same time it is also sad to be away from something into which I have put so much energy.

On the other hand (as we say) I can see how it would be so freeing to have less material and worry. All my life I have moved toward a more simple life and this could be yet another step in that direction. No one my age really needs to have a lot of space to occupy.


David arrives with the motor home/bus on Sunday. That will be another cog in this change thing. Sleeping in the teardrop trailer is good sleeping, but not really any kind of living.I have wondered about really living in an RV, but never have. This is my chance to see if we can life happily in 290 square feet.

I think it will work fine.

Tomorrow a grandniece graduates from nursing school. There is another party and I'll go. I forgot our dress clothes, but today I bought a new pair of blue denim pants and a nice blue dress shirt. In some circles that is high dress!

Miriam had a good day. She helped, she read she went for a walk with daughter.

It was a good day.

No comments: