Wednesday, June 8, 2011

onward

Thursday we leave for Walla Walla.

There are times when you know it is the first time for something. The last time for something is not always so easy to determine. You may think it is the last time and it may not be.

Likely I played my cornet in public for the last time a few weeks ago. I began playing a cornet when i was 10. Where we are going there is a small college with a superb music department, and they don't need old mediocre cornet players.

Beginning tomorrow I am pretty sure that our lives are taking a major change of direction. I am not sure I am ready for it, and it does not matter. I was melancholy today, not really depressed, but very melancholy. The reason is obvious, but not pleasant.

One can moan and groan a lot too much, and endanger his sanity, so while my sanity may be up for questions, I don't want to be consumed by "What if's" and "Whens" and so on. And even though I think I don't do the moan and groan thing, I do.

This is an adventure. Father Abraham left on a journey and he had no idea where he was going. We went to Texas with nothing but a letter from a University I had never seen, and a road map. Compared to either of those events we are full of knowledge.

We are going to be surrounded, not with good friends, but family. Sometimes friends are more important than family, but at this point I think there is a shift coming.

Are we doing the right thing at the right time? Probably, but my head may need a bit more convincing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Safe, safe journey. Hoping that all goes smoothly, and seamlessly. Susan