Wednesday, June 8, 2011

real friends

I suppose one never knows who his/her friends are until a need shows up.

At the Bible Study group this week David told the group what was going on and for them not to ask Miriam and to be careful talking about any of it around her. I arrived late, on purpose so he could talk to the group.

After we were finished with the study and were heading back to the church, one of the member walked up to me and said: “Anything I can do for you, let me know, and I mean anything.” I know him and he meant it too.

This evening I was talking to my back neighbor Terry. I told him I was going to catch a ride back to Idaho so I could drive Miriam’s car to Walla Walla. Granddaughter Jessica is 18 and is taking drivers ed. The family car is a “big” mini van and she is terrorized about parking it.

So I explained to Terry, and that I was going to catch a ride back. That is I will if I can schedule it right.

Terry said, shucks he and Mary, his wife, would be glad to drive up (just a nice day ride) and bring me back to pickup the car. It would be fun for them, he said. He insisted and if the schedule with David does not work out I’ll talk to Terry.

Those are real friends. Of course David is at the head of the friend category for the use of his motorhome.

Someone said that a friend in need was a friend indeed, and a comic quipped that a friend in need was a pain in the neck. But, more than I deserve, I have these wonderful caring people who will (or have) gone the extra mile for me and us.

I am so blessed.

No comments: