Saturday, May 16, 2009

plumbing again

A garbage disposal is a simple instrument.

You turn on the water, turn on the disposal and carefully push the stuff into the unit.

Obviously we do not have one at home.

My dear Miriam has clogged this one up twice since we have been here. I spent hours taking all of the drain a part and re-plumbing it so the next time I could get at it easier.

Well that next time is today. Actually, I'll work on it tomorrow.

And to remind us that no good dead ever goes unpunished, I took a part off the disposal unit to make sure it was not clogged inside, and when I put it back together, I am not a mechanic either, it leaked. I took it apart a couple of times and it still leaks, so tomorrow I am going to buy a new unit, unplug the whole thing and put it all together.

With luck it won't leak.

No comments: