Friday, May 15, 2009

The soup was wonderful. .

. . . the company superb.

Dale and I have been friends for 41 years now. There are people I have known longer, but none are close friends after that long. I went to high school with a bunch of good people (It was a very small school and there were about 22 in my graduating class).

But we do not stay in touch. When I am in their town I do not make contact often, but Dale is different (good different).

Dale has a super memory for details and dates. “That was in 1968, remember? That is your Hasselblad and I think you took the picture.” The picture was of dale lying on top of his car with my ‘Blad on a tall tripod. He was looking at one of my models somewhere to the left.

Emily was amazed that after 41 years, we still have things to talk about.

I made a big pan of cornbread, they saved a good hunk of the black olive bread. Kathy made her Chocolate cake for desert (the pan that I brought the still hot cornbread in came back with chocolate cake).

But mostly it was the company and the friendship that makes it a delightful evening. Emily was patient with us.

Thank you Em, thank you Kathy, especially thank you Dale.

2 comments:

nancy said...

friends like that are rare and a true treasure.

dave said...

Rare is the right word.