Sunday, October 31, 2010

rebuilding barns

Once there was a farmer (the Big Book talks about it).

He had a couple of good harvests and his barn was not big enough to hold it all, so he made the decision, since he was so wealthy, to tear down the barn and replace it with something bigger, the better for his personal wealth.

With that wealth, he could lay back and relax and live the good life.

But he died that night, before he could do any of it.

There is a part of my land that I have ignored for many years. Lately I have been working on reclaiming this land. It is too small to do too much with, and I don’t need more dirt to worry about, but I do need to clear it out of the weeds.

As I was working on this project other day that Parable came to mind. With AD as an increasing part of my life, just how many barns should I replace?

I am not sure.

No comments: