Tuesday, November 2, 2010

visitor

Yesterday an old friend came to visit.

He is not as old as I am, but I have known him since Nixon, I believe.

With his marriage a sham, as he said, it ended a couple years ago. They are still married, but living far apart. Both are fiercely religious and divorce is not an option, though I suggested that if there is a SIN in this issue it would be in the remarriage part, not in the divorce, but what do I know.

He has some rather perplexing health issues. I am not sure exactly, I listened and did not ask.

It was good to see him. He told me more than once this is the new man and he is not like he used to be, though the difference may well seem larger to him than to me!

It was his rightness that struck me. He has moved seriously north since I knew him. *

Today he is driving from Idaho to LA, in one setting. He says he can do it in about 14 or 15 hours.

Maybe he is not as old as I thought he was!


*(we talk about a left hander as having a south hand, so I make the obvious comparison!)

No comments: