Saturday, July 16, 2011

alone

Today I am alone.

Daughters and grandkids are gone. Friends and their children are also gone. Not gone in the sense that they will never come back, but that they have gone to do other things, but they will return.

It is not often that a married father is alone for very long. I am absorbing it slowly.

I will be here another couple of days. I will clearl up the inside today, working to create some order from the chaos of moving so much so fast. Tomorrow I will work outside, mowing the lawn cutting weeds and grass.

Then I will load up the pickup and the cargo trailer and go to my new home. My sweetheart needs a lot of my hugs, dozens times dozens or more. Daughters conspire with their schedule to determine when they can return to help.

But today I will enjoy a day alone, knowing that my Miriam is well cared for.

Artists spend a lot of time alone, and we revel in it.

Today will be good.

No comments: