Monday, July 11, 2011

back in idaho

We made the trip back to our house in Idaho.

Daughter 3 and her two husky sons. Then Daughter 4 said she and her 17 year old daughter would come tomorrow and stay until Friday.

This evening we had a good interview with the young family who are going to live in the house, and we toyed with an offer for them to buy the place.

Should that happen, there might be money for a tiny house on daughter 1 property, as well as renovating an old garage for joint studio/shop space. And if there is a chance to build, then lots of things change. I know I can build a tiny house that is much more efficient than the best RV.

Or maybe I should so something else.

Meanwhile, Miriam had a good day with Daughter 1. She asked about me a time or two but she was not upset. She said that I had never left her before and daughter reminded her that I went to Alaska once and was gone for a couple months, many years ago.

Jim, the renter-to-be, loves books and will help us sort them. There are books I want to keep, books that are recyclable, and books that are not worth their paper. That is BIG.

Tomorrow we will stack books,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how we all can carve a life that is so different from what we are used to and all of a sudden it feels right again?

Wishing you only the best thoughts and the time to make the changes you want. You have a lovely family and I know they will help you through.

Go slowly, and listen to your heart.

Susan

dave said...

Thanks Susan.