Wednesday, July 13, 2011

in shock

My shock settles in slowly.

There were 9 people packing and decisioning yesterday.

I think my desires were followed in a general way, but not in a specific way -- always, though I do not really know that yet.

There are some items I will look for, or wonder about for the remaining parts of my life. I will remember that what I am looking for always resided in a certain spot, but that spot does not exist any longer.

Last night, the kitchen looks sterile. No pictures on the refer. No “pretty” litle rocks (Miriam’s obsession) stuck here and there, just empty countertops.

We packed boxes of Miriam's ceramics. It is a fabulous collection. We will keep them altogether until all 4 daughters are together at some point then there will be an art show and a shuffle.

All is well, all is good, all is wonderful, in the long run, I guess.

We have someone interested in buying the house and land, but these things are always slippery and this one is no exception. It might gel and it might not and right now I am not terribly positive about it.

Daughters bought 50 packing boxes, then went back and bought 50 more. About that time we were gifted with 50 used boxes, all dutifully flattened. We will have enough.

So today is a new day. Daughter 3 and her two strong sons will leave fairly early. Other friends have volunteered to help. I am not sure what will be needed. Daughter 4 and Emily will be here until Friday. We should have things lined up pretty well by then.
I have thought of taking a load early next week, but I am not sure about that.

All of this is good, I keep telling myself, and myself needs assurance.

No comments: