Friday, July 15, 2011

packing

I have been in Idaho this week, clearing out the house.

Three of my 4 daughters and 3 grandkids have been here to help. The other daughter is helping by looking after Miriam. Friends have come by to help.

How close are we to finish? I am not sure, but we bought 50 boxes, filled them and got 50 more. There are piles of boxes ready to go to storage in the shop/studio.

Meanwhile, Miriam is doing fine. She is told what I am doing and why and she seems to understand and agree.

Tonight I sat down to talk to my neighbor Sylvia. Earlier I had called her (she and her daughter do a yard sale or two a year) and I offered her the stuff I was going to take to Goodwill. Same price (zero), and same terms (what does not sell goes some other direction).

So we continue to fix and work.

Weekend is coming and I welcome it, big time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, a lot of progress. Never easy.

Rest this weekend, and I hope all continues to go well.

Have in the last 4 years done this 3 times. Once when we moved back to Ga, once for my MIL's house, and once for my husband's cousin. The last 2 had AD and it was quite a task. Be ready to give a huge sigh of relief when it is done. Susan

dave said...

Writing sunday morning.
I feel a great sense of accomplishment and peace about it all.
We thought we had a couple interested in rent/purchase, but it seems to have fallen through and for some odd reason I am at peace with that too.
Maybe I am just transferred the grief to daughter 3, who has taken over the dealings on the house (she owns a good hunk of it).
Either way, today at least, it is good!