Saturday, July 16, 2011

and so it goes

Weekend.

We are taking the weekend off, seriously off.

Everything is a blur. Parts of the house are empty, part are overly crowded. There are things I use to know the exact location that I will never see again. Some of those will be missed but most will not. We are not moving from one smallish 3 bedroom 2 bath to another of the same size, we are moving to a 1 bedroom, 1 bath RV.

1300 square feet to a bit less than 300.

There is no furniture that will follow us. There is not room. But what we have will be loved and used to the end of it's useful life, but in a different location.

While I know, intellectually, what we are doing and how it will all work, on a psychological level, the whole thing keeps slapping me in the jugular.

I talked to Miriam on the phone last night. She is super with daughter 1, but with me, she kept scolding me for not taking her with me. 'I could have helped.' But it would have been terribly hard on her.

Her brother comes to visit about once a month. He called Friday to see if we were here this Sunday. "I am, but not Miriam," I reported. Then I had to tell him that it is doubtful that she will ever return to this house. It was a sad conversation. "You do what you have to do," he replied.

And so it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D#1 here...

Momma has said that line to me endlessly... that she could have been a help. We both know differently. No, that's not true. ALL of us girls and you know that she wouldn't have been a help. It would be tons and tons harder if she was standing over you, beside you, in front of you every second of the day right now. This is a GOOD thing. You made the right decision for her and for yourself. It's good. You did good. Chin up, press on. Get it done and get back here! We need to hug each other til we squeak!